The West Coaster – Gairloch Run (for) Fun Festival
Organised by Wester Ross Athletics offers three distance choices: 5km, 11km or Half-Marathon.
Our emphasis is on a spirit of fun, health and well-being through physical activity, getting moving and community involvement. Simply walk the route or use the event as a running challenge – your choice! The event will help raise money for the Gairloch Village Hall Roof Repair Fund and will coincide with the Inverewe Gardens Adventure Film Festival weekend.
All three routes will be ‘out-and-back’ from Gairloch along the spectacular coastal road of the Melvaig peninsula. The routes will have clear distance signposting with ‘turnaround’ points for the 5km, 11km and Half-Marathon distances. All three events will start at 12.00hrs with a three hour finishing cut-off. You must be sure you can finish your chosen event by 15:00hrs.
Water stations will be provided at each ‘turn-around’ point (bring your own refillable bottle).
At all times and for all distances all Under 16’s must be accompanied by a responsible and participating (walking/running) adult.
Refreshments will be available to buy during and after the event at the start point, the Gairloch Community Hall, all proceeds will go towards the Community Hall Roof Fund.
All participants must collect a race number on the day.
Race numbers available from 11.00hrs at the Gairloch Community Hall.
All race numbers must be collected by 11.30hrs.
Saturday the 22nd of September 2018
- I declare that I will abide by and accept any decision made by the organisers of The West Coaster – Gairloch Run (for) Fun Festival (the Event).
- I will not compete in the Event unless I am medically fit.
- I understand that as a responsible adult (aged 18 or over) accompanying any participants aged under 16, I agree to walk/run with the child/ children for the entire event. Should either adult or child have to withdraw from the Event, the adult must withdraw themselves and all other children in their group.
- As a responsible adult accompanying a minor I understand that I must complete the same distance as the minor child/children and at no time leave the child/children unattended.
- I understand that the event will be on an open public road.
- I will compete at my own risk and accept that the organisers will not be responsible for any loss, damage, action, claim or expenses which may arise in consequence of my participation or for those participants aged under 16 whom I have agreed are my responsibility during this event.
- For safety reasons, I understand that no headphones should be worn by participants as the event is taking place on open public roads.
- I understand that bicycles, skateboards, roller skates or blades are prohibited in the event and I agree to abide by this rule.
- Any medical conditions should be written on the reverse of every participants Event number, including the participants name and an emergency contact telephone number.
- The organisers have the right to refuse entry without being bound to provide a reason.
- Event race numbers are non-transferable and once entries have been accepted we cannot refund or defer entry fees.
- Organizers reserve the right to cancel the event without being bound to provide a reason.
- Entry fees are not refundable and will be considered a donation to Gairloch Community Hall fund.
- If the weather is unseasonably warm or cold, use the customary racing precautions of which you should be familiar and take advantage of the water stations provided along the course (please remember to bring your own reusable bottle). Stop running/walking and seek help if you stop sweating and feel nauseous or dizzy. If you see a fellow runner/walker who appears to be in trouble, please stop and help if you can.
- I grant permission to Wester Ross Athletics to use, reproduce and or distribute photographs, films, video, and sound recordings of me and any minors for whom I am responsible, without compensation or approval of rights.
- I acknowledge and understand that there are inherent risk associated with participating in the event, including but not limited to those caused by terrain, facilities, temperature, weather, conditions of the athletes, equipment, vehicular traffic, actions of other people, including but not limited to participants, volunteers, spectators, coaches, event officials and lack of hydration. I will assume all of the risks associated therewith, whether known or unknown to me at this time. I acknowledge and certify that I am fit to run and /or walk this event, have sufficiently trained for participation in this event and have not been advised otherwise by a qualified medical person. I hereby consent to medical treatment which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident and /or illness during the event.
- In consideration of permitting me to participate in the event, I release the following entities and/or persons and their officers, employees, and agents from responsibility for my accidental physical injury, including death or illness, and loss of, or damage to, personal property while participating in this event. This release is also intended to include all claims made by my family, estate, heirs and personal representatives. I acknowledge and certify that I will indemnity and hold harmless the entities and/or persons mentioned in this paragraph from any and all liability and/or claims made by other individuals and/or entities as a result of my actions during the event.
- Responsible adults, Parents or Guardians of participants aged 16 or under, by submitting this application, also consent to the release the following entities, race officers, employees, volunteers and agents from responsibility for accidental physical injury, including death or illness, and loss of, or damage to personal property while participating in this race. As the responsible adult, parent or guardian I acknowledge that all minors in my care are fit to participate in this event.